Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm back - Mamavation Monday

After a brief blogging vacation break, I'm back. Life has been crazy, but I think that it is getting back to normal. Or, at least I'm learning how to cope.

There is a new exercising love in my life - Pilates. I take a class on Wednesday morning (mat not machine) and it is some of the hardest exercising I've ever done. I was so sore for 4 days after my first class. I want more! So many people have said that pilates changes the shape of your body. I've only taken 3 classes and I can totally see that happening. It stretches you out and makes you stand taller. I think I might have to pick up a DVD to do it a few times a week at home. Any suggestions?

As a little girl, I loved ballet. I took it for a few years, along with other dance styles. I think I may sign up for an adult ballet class. Dancers have such amazing bodies and maybe I can imagine myself having that type of body while I am doing a pliƩ. I guess I like exercises that make you control your muscles and movement.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your turkey. Gobble Gobble.

MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV.

SISTA OF THE WEEK: Congrats Heather (@notdiyheather) for being SOTW two times now!!! Woo hoo!

BLOGGING CARNIVAL: Thanks to @subwayfreshbuzz for sponsoring this week's blogging carnival, along with being such a great supporter of Mamavation in general. I would like to make my Commit to Fit pledge to sign up for an ongoing ballet class.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there - very cool you found your "soulmate exercise"! I think Leah is giving a pilates DVD on bookieboo.com. Go check out the message boards on there.

    Good luck! Can't wait t hear your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It's always fun when you find something new to enjoy. I would check Netflix. They have a variety of selections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. I have wanted to get into pilates or barre method because I am always on the lookout to add grace to my physical self anyway possible (I am short and stout). Just doing yoga I am an inch taller than I was a couple of years ago. Keep us up to date on your pilates progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back. I'm rejoining the group as a cheerleader. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Feel free to friend me on Bookieboo or find me on Facebook too at http://facebook.com/jenn.s.mitchell

    ReplyDelete