Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome!

I always thought I was a little crazy, but this seals the deal. I am signed up for the Team In Training Triathlon in Rye on September 26. I have secretly always wanted to participate in a Team In Training event, but never had the nerve. The opportunity arose and I knew if I didn't do it now, I would regret it.

Team In Training benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, an organization that is trying to cure blood cancers. My father, grandfather and uncle died from complications of different blood cancers. I am doing this to honor their memory and do what I can to help eradicate this form of cancer.

I decided to blog about my journey through training and then completing the triathlon. This is going to be very difficult for me, but I know I can do it (with a lot of support). I know I wouldn't be able to do this without the support of my amazing husband.

Take a look at my fundraising page here.

If you are free, please come out the day of the race, either as a spectator or volunteer. It would be great to see you during and after the race!

My father and grandfather:   



















My uncle:








No comments:

Post a Comment